Thursday, August 4, 2016

July Progress Update

W took several weeks off work so that we could focus full-time on the new house.  We made a good bit of progress.

With power now hooked to the house, W got to work finishing up the wiring.  We had purchased a wiring book to ensure he was doing everything correct.  He was uncertain of the proper way to wire a two-way switch, but Wiring a House had clear instructions and diagrams.

The main accomplishment is that we finished nearly all of the dry wall  We have a tiny section around the fireplace left to do.  Overall it is a drop in the bucket.  We also primed and painted most of the rooms.  All that is left is We purchased paint from Sherwin Williams.  (I will share colors and pictures of each room next week.)  The paint is a bit more expensive than paint from a big box store.  It is completely worth it tough.  The primer is great, and we only needed one coat of paint.  It was so nice to see color on the walls instead of mudded dry wall.

While I was at Vacation Bible School, W finished the shower floor in our bathroom.  We purchased a Goof Proof Quick Pitch Kit and  Goof Proof Wheel Chair Shower Curb as guides for  the concrete.  Since I was gone, I do not have step-by-step photos of this process.  W said that it was very easy to do it himself with these kits.

We also got out septic tank installed.  The work went quickly.  A man from the health department was on hand throughout the process to make sure it was done properly.  We were left with a huge mess in the backyard.

W put up the decorative light in the foyer.  We purchased it and the other decorative fixtures on clearance.  The half price helped us stretch our money a bit further.

No comments:

Post a Comment